What is Trust Flow?
Derived from the Majestic SEO tool, Trust Flow is an indicator used to evaluate the quality of backlinks to a site or web page. It is studied in conjunction with the Citation Flow indicator, which assesses the quantity of backlinks. TrustFlow is a numerical value ranging from 0 to 100.
Trust Flow: a trust score based on backlink quality
Search engines rate pages and websites on the basis of the trust they can place in their content. What better way to do this than by analyzing backlinks, since their quality and number speak volumes about the trust other sites place in a given site? It’s all very well to have inbound links to your site, but there’s a difference between quantity and quality. The quantity of backlinks speaks for a site’s popularity, and is measured by the Citation Flow (CF) tool.
The quality of backlinks speaks in favor of its level of trust, and this is assessed by the Tust Flow (TF) tool. These two tools are Flow Metrics provided by Majestic SEO. To find out the values they deliver for a site, including the TrustFlow score, simply copy the site’s url and paste it into the input field provided on the MAJESTIC site. These values serve as a basis for the development of a link building strategy within the framework of natural referencing. They range from 0 to 100. Majestic SEO considers a TF score above 40 to be high. In addition, since the disappearance of the Google PageRank tool, TF has been used as a criterion for determining the market value of a domain name.
A natural SEO strategy relies heavily on TrustFlow values
Netlinking is a very important part of any SEO strategy, and the mistake is to rely more on the quantity of incoming links than on their quality. A large number of backlinks can conceal a large number of poor-quality links, which is detrimental to a site’s ranking. Google Penguin monitors and penalizes poor-quality links. A site with few but good quality backlinks, on the other hand, is recommended by Google and is therefore more likely to appear at the top of the first page of search results for a given query.
Fortunately, the two indicators CF and TF provide the interpretable elements needed by the developer to identify which link sources to keep and which to avoid. The backlink providers to keep are those with high TF too, and those to avoid are spammy sites or sites of poor quality from an SEO point of view. Since TF is transmissible, the latter should even be eliminated. The result of the selections that the developer will make should be such that the TrustFlow score of his site is higher than the CF score or about the same. It should be noted that NoFollow links do not transmit a page’s Trust Flow.
Sylvain is here for you
16 years of digital marketing expertise
How can you use Trust Flow to boost your SEO?
Now that you know what Trust Flow is and how it works, you can use it to improve your SEO. Here are a few tips to help you use Trust Flow to improve your SEO:
- Evaluate the quality of your inbound links: To assess the quality of the links pointing to your website, use a reference tool like Majestic SEO. Find links with poor Trust Flow and try to remove or disavow them.
- Create quality links: To increase your Trust Flow, you need to create quality links to your website. Make sure your links come from quality websites relevant to your topic. Avoid link spamming practices that could harm your SEO.
- Produisez un contenu de qualité : vous devez produire un contenu de haute qualité et pertinent pour votre sujet si vous voulez des liens de haute qualité pointant vers votre site Web. Votre flux de confiance peut être amélioré par un contenu intéressant et éducatif, car les autres sites Web sont plus susceptibles de le partager et de s’y connecter.
- Produce quality content: you need to produce content relevant to your topic if you want high-quality links pointing to your website. Your trust flow can be enhanced by interesting and educational content, as other websites are more likely to share and link to it.
- Regularly monitor your credibility flow to ensure that your SEO efforts are having the desired effect. You’re on the right track if your trust flow is increasing.
Trust Flow is crucial to your SEO. It enables you to evaluate the caliber of external connections pointing to your website, and measure the credibility and reliability of your online presence. Understanding how Trust Flow works and using this metric to boost your SEO will help you increase your website’s online exposure and attract more targeted visitors.