Have you realized that your website is obsolete and needs a major overhaul? Does it no longer enable you to attract new customers or achieve your web objectives? However, you don’t know how to successfully redesign your website to benefit from good SEO. SEO.fr provides you with the solution to modernize your site and guarantee better natural referencing.
What is a website redesign?
A website redesign consists of revising an old site to optimize all its content or some of its key elements. The redesign process involves in-depth work on the graphic, technical and structural aspects of a site.
It’s an intervention that involves a major change to the code, web design, communication strategy and visual identity of an existing site. A website redesign must be planned and carried out successfully if you want to turn its weaknesses into strengths.
Your website represents your brand’s image on the web. It has two essential components. The first, the back-end, is made up of the code and functionalities that make the site manageable. The second, called the frontend, refers to the appearance of your showcase, accessible to website users.
A redesign can be carried out to add new elements, remove obsolete components or even to upgrade the site or make it more attractive. There are many reasons why you might need to redesign your shop window. Knowing how to identify these problems is essential for a successful website redesign. Depending on the purpose of the redesign, you may opt for :
- A partial redesign: this involves revising a specific element of the site. This may involve improving the services pages or the blog.
- A total overhaul or complete redesign: refers to an in-depth modification and involves completely changing the old pages of a site, even the domain name.
Whether your site needs a complete or partial overhaul, take stock of the situation and clarify your objectives, so you know exactly what you need to take into account when redesigning your site.
When should a website be redesigned?
Do you want a successful website redesign? First, identify the problems you’d like to solve. What is the evidence that your site needs to be redesigned? As you no doubt know, to cure an ailment, you have to detect it either by analysis or by recognizing its symptoms.
In this case, it’s all about finding the reasons why you want to overhaul your shop window. So, why redesign? Redesigning a website can involve different aspects of the site, as well as webmarketing factors. Once you’ve identified these, you need to ask yourself a few questions before launching the redesign process.
Redesigning your website: identify the problems with your shop window
There are many problems that can lead you to redesign a site. If you’re using Google Analytics and Google Search Console and you see :
- Loss of traffic.
- High bounce rate.
- Low conversion (sometimes due to non-existent or barely visible CTA buttons).
- Changeover time problem.
- Reduced visitor numbers.
In addition to these cases, you may want to consider redesigning your site if :
- The web design is not mobile friendly.
- You want to give old pages a new look.
- You’re changing your virtual identity and adopting new colors to enhance your brand image.
- The editorial content of your blog and web pages seems out of date.
- You optimize the quality of your visuals
- Perhaps you’ve noticed that your SEO strategy is lacking, and that your internal and external links have been neglected? Pay attention to the details before you embark on a successful website redesign.
- You want to include inbound marketing in your visibility strategy
- You want to improve your sales tunnel and include forms to facilitate the prospect’s journey.
- You’re thinking of integrating a new strategy to improve the conversion tunnel and get a better return on investment.
- Translated with DeepL
Got an SEO question?
Géraldine can help
5 years of SEO expertise
What questions should be asked before embarking on a redesign strategy?
For a successful website redesign, take the time to think about your strategy. Don’t improvise, because the best way to fail is to launch yourself into a void without any support. You want to see success at the end of your efforts. To do this, ask yourself the right questions and have a clear vision of your redesign project.
If you already have an idea of what’s wrong with your shop window, you know why you want to redesign it. Now, what do you actually need to do to make the redesign a success?
First, determine the goals you’d like to achieve in your business. What do you want to achieve in your business? For a successful website redesign, be honest with yourself and set specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound goals.
Next, consider the nature of your target audience. What type of visitors do you attract to your site, where do they come from, what means do they use to navigate your site, which pages are consulted most frequently and what is their behavior?
Even if your site is obsolete, data on personas and their interactions with your storefront is still useful for assessing the performance of a future redesign. Use Google Analytics to gather this information, then take stock. How did your old website perform?
When you’ve finished this important phase of a successful website redesign, you need to ask yourself a few more questions:
- Who would you like to entrust the development of your website to? A web design agency? A freelancer?
- Which builder do you prefer for the redesign and management of the new site? WordPress, Drupal, Prestashop, which CMS?
- How much will it cost to redesign your website?
Remember, nothing should be improvised, so take all aspects into consideration.
What are the key steps to a successful website redesign?
Looking for a professional way to set up a website redesign? The answer is simple. For a successful website redesign, identify the weaknesses of your old site, draw up the specifications for your new website and entrust the job to a reputable web agency.
In practical terms, here are the essential steps to follow:
- Evaluate your current site. This includes a navigation audit, conversion audit, SEO audit and technical audit. Next, clearly define your website redesign objectives. Once you’ve identified the problem(s) to be solved, you’ll know whether you need to completely redesign the site, or whether a partial redesign will do.
- Then determine the key KPIs to be taken into account. What are they? For a successful website redesign, you need to define the key performance indicators. They help you measure the progress or failures of your redesign project after completion.
- After this phase, select your CMS according to the type of site you’re building. Whether it’s for an e-commerce site or a simple shop window, you’ll find several website management solutions.
- Define your graphic charter, then take content writing into account if the redesign includes SEO optimization. This will help your site rank well in search engines.
So how much does a website redesign cost?
It’s not always easy to give a fixed, simple answer to this question, as many factors come into play. Website redesign prices can vary from 4,000 to 60,000 euros, and even more.
Beyond these important elements, for a successful website redesign, focus on HTTPS-type modifications and guarantee the site’s security. Establish the redirection plan, carry out user tests to find out if your storefront offers a better user experience. Finally, perform ongoing optimization.
For example, a site requiring a major overhaul, including a new layout and advanced functionalities, will cost between 24,000 and 50,000 euros. If you want to know what budget you need for a successful website redesign, take your needs into account.
What should be included in the website review?
- Visual redesign
- New site structure
- Responsive web design for a customized site
- Number of web pages
- SEO optimization
- Review of ergonomics
- SEO-optimized copywriting
- Site maintenance
Depending on these different aspects, your budget will be higher or lower. However, to find out the exact cost of redesigning your showcase, contact a webdesign agency directly and ask for a quote. At SEO.fr, we offer both site creation and redesign, and we can help you make a success of your website redesign.